In April of 1922, Richard Simpson Sr. built Simpson Granite, at a cost of $500.00. Employees used a roller system to move the granite around, and a chain fall to lift it. A block & Tackle system was used at the cemeteries for installation, along with rollers placed on the ground to move memorials uphill. A model T truck was purchased in 1928.
After Mr. Simpson Sr. passed, Mrs. Simpson owned the company from 1933 to 1945 when her son; Richard Simpson Jr. bought it after his return from WWII service. During the time Mr. Simpson owned the company, many large monuments were produced, including Edsel Ford's sarcophagus and a large upright for Mr. McClouth of the McClouth Steel Co.
In 1988, David Blake and his partner purchased the company from Mr. Simpson. Mr. Blake passed away in 2015, and Richard Reichenbach is now the sole owner. Many improvements have been made to the old structure. A large addition was put on the building in 2005. More building improvements are forthcoming.